Well I did what I said I was going to do and ripped out most of the quilting I had done. I only left about 3 lines, unstuck the backing from the batting, laid it really flat, pinned the crap out of it and started again. Who knew that seam ripping would actually take longer than sewing??? I had plenty of help though.
|My usual helpers: Lucy and Kahlua.|
|My new helper: Brutus.|
And, Kahlua decided to lay down on the job. Unfortunately, she wanted to lay behind the machine as I was trying to quilt causing quite the backup.
I think it's safe to say that she was done being a helper for the night. Somehow I managed to get all my lines sewn though. The back fabric is much flatter with hardly any puckering now. I am very glad that I took the time and effort to redo it. I think the edging will be much easier to sew now. Not to mention that the quilt will look much nicer too! Here are some close up images of the fabrics used.
Lastly, I trimmed all the edges so they are ready for the edging. I am hoping to complete it by our next book club date, which is November 29th. Wish me luck!