The baby blanket is all finished and ready to be delivered to Wes and Kristy! They still do not know that I made them a quilt so I am nervous and excited to have them open it.
I am so glad that I went back and redid some of the quilting. The fabric laid perfectly (well, almost perfectly) flat for me as I sewed on the edge. The edging I decided to use is white to blend with the border so that the zebra print will stand out. Here is the finished product:
I think the fabric I used for the back was a good choice. It has flowers in it without being super girly or too baby. The color should be perfect to go in the nursery as well. I know one baby that already loves it! Here is Brutus taking his last snuggle before it goes into the wash.
Washed, dried, pressed one last time, and finally signed; the baby blanket is complete. You may notice that I signed this one 2013 when it was actually completed in 2012. I consulted some crafty friends and the general consensus was to date it for the baby. She will be arriving in January 2013, so that's the date I used. I will be delivering it to the soon-to-be new parents this Thursday night at book club (which got rescheduled to Dec. 6, 2012).